Thursday, March 23, 2006

Until I'm a dust cloud hanging in the air.

I've got a new place waiting for me in the suburbs miles away from this disaster. Andre is interstate... indefinitely; the run-away and I are not the best of friends... I've played this scenario through in head again and again trying to figure a way to do the right thing by people but either way I am out of here tomorrow morning and nobody's really gonna like it. Nothing is happening here but there is this low hum, hostility permeates the air but it just grinds away achieving nothing.


Keep my mouth shut and it will all be over soon.


It's best if nobody realises anything until my presence here is little more than a dust cloud hanging in the air. So I'm sitting here with this jerk pretending like everything is normal and waiting for him to go to bed so I can load up the car. I've done this before but this is the bit I hate most, the part where you have to make polite conversation and act natural when every atom of your being is screaming 'Let's blow this pop stand!'


I feel on edge, it could be all the caffeine, but I haven't liked this scenario from day one and that light at the end of the tunnel is driving me crazy. The kid never leaves the house, he barely moves from the seat where his computer is set up, I think he does this to spite me... it's as if he knows this particular course of drastic inaction will fuck up all my plans to slip away unnoticed... but that's just crazy talk!


So I watch 'Repo Man'... again

Drink a lot of coffee

Snack nervously

Try to get some work done and wait.

Come morning and this will all have been nothing more than a bad dream!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares