Monday, February 27, 2006

A sixty second love affair at 'The Great Wall of Tuna".

I had a moment in a supermarket.
It was in a big supermarket. The biggest in the valley.


I was standing at the 'Great Wall of Tuna' trying to decide what sort I required.
It's not that simple.
There sure is a lot of variety.
I just wanted tuna.


There was a woman standing next to me.
She looked confused... I was confused... I just wanted tuna.
Why did there need to be so many different varieties when it just made life difficult?
Overcomplicated.


We reached for the same tin at the same time, it was just like a Hollywood romance.


I pulled back first, it made me think to myself "Is that really the tuna for me?"
She looked deep in the same dilemma.
If we hadn't been there to get in each others way we would have had our tuna tins and been somewhere else by now.


She smiled... I smiled.
I said "There sure is a stupid amount of choice."
She nodded in agreement and suggested I get tuna with a chilli pepper "It's just got a pepper there in the tin. You can take it out and have normal tuna or leave it in if you like spicy."


I smiled, considered this option and bought sardines instead.
Plain sardines in olive oil.


True story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares