Wednesday, March 15, 2006

...the most stronger one...

I once received a text message on my phone which read:
I hijack cigarettes.
I crash them into my face
and
set them on fire.


The message in question was sent at a quarter to midnight on the 5th of May... I was 24 then, I am 26 now... it has always disturbed me, this message, I have never been comfortable with it. At least it came from a friend, a close friend, I am not sure I could have dealt with it had it come from a complete stranger (or even a partial stranger).


The person who sent me this message likes horror movies. I like horror movies. We bond through horror movies. Once we watched all of the Friday 13th movies in a row without a break. It was 2003 then so we could only see up to Jason Goes To Hell... Jason X wasn't out yet and for some reason we ignored Jason vs. Freddy (or Freddy vs. Jason, I always get it the wrong way around).
It was kind of a numbing experience but significant to our friendship
shared experiences are important.


A couple of months after 'the cigarette incident' he sent me another message, this one said:
I don't have the most bigger one,
I don't have the most powerfulest one
but
I do have the most stronger one!
Its name is Juagar.


It was sent on the 8th of July at 1pm.


It is Engrish... I like Engrish... so does my friend.
When I read it I laughed (a lot).


It is important to find things to laugh about
or
that's what I think anyway.


Today I am going to travel all the way in to Melbourne by bus
it will take a couple of hours
and
I will probably regret my decision
but
that is not important.
I think people need to do things just to have the experience even if that experience is one low level boredom.
It is important to be out in the world even if nothing happens.

For this reason I like the following things:
1>Waiting rooms
2>Park Benches
3>Trainstaions/Bus Stops
4>Convenience stores
5>Supermarkets

I always find things to laugh about or write about or even just think about when I am around these places. And although these experiences will never make me laugh as hard as I laughed when I received the Juagar message they are still good!

That message.
Wow!
To get something like that
completely random and nonsensical
out of the blue
that makes me happy.

I like things which are random and nonsensical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares