Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Where for art thou Michael Burch?

I had a terrible revelation today at work, I was marking the roll in my photography class when I realised that Michael Burch does not exist. I mean he's a real guy and he's even a student at my school but he doesn't exist in so far as that he is not actually a student in my photography class. His name appears in my roll book and I have been calling his name out for the past six weeks (even marked him 'here' a few times?!!!!?!) and whilst no one has mentioned to me the error of my ways the biggest problem I have is that there is a mid-semester progress report headed for his letter box (as I write) with an attached photography report.


What's funny about this is that when I was faced with the challenge of writing a report for a student who didn't exist I managed to include what was possibly the most stupidly ironic (and inappropriate) comment on the page possible-

'Michael needs to take more initiative with his work and improve his attendance in this class.


I don't know whether it is time to laugh or cry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares